This wiring diagram is taken from a 1984 Matsumoku Spectrum III
- The volume pot is 500K log
- The tone pots are both 500K log
- DPDT pull switch
- The single tone capacitor C1 is a 0.047 microfarad Mylar cap – only one is needed as there is no switch position where both tone controls are in circuit at the same time
- The phase switch operates on the centre pickup as whenever a switch position is selected where 2 pickups are on at the same time one of them is always the centre pickup
- Pickup specs
- Neck: Hammer I (MMK45, 2 core wiring), DC resistance 11.18K
- Centre: Super II, DC resistance 5.73K
- Bridge: Hammer I (MMK45, 4 core wiring), DC resistance 11.59K
|Switch position||Pickup selected||Contacts connected|
|1||Neck||(1/2), (4/5), 8|
|2||Neck/Centre||(1/2), (4/5), 7, 8|
|3||Centre||(1/2), (4/5), 7|
|4||Centre/Bridge||(1/2), 3, (4/5), 6, 7|
|5||Bridge||3 ,(4/5), 6|
Switch contacts 1 and 2 are permanently connected by a wire link as shown.
Contacts 4 and 5 are also connected together by a wire link.
In the wiring diagram, the switch lever is in position 1.