Matsumoku, Model I: 1981-3 , Model: II 1982-3
Two versions of the Paduak I appear in the April 1983 US pricelist, one without a trem at $299.50 and one with a trem at $329.50.
None of the catalogues mention a model with a trem.
Version 1 (1981)
- body: Japanese Ash, top laminate of Paduak
- neck: hard Maple, truss rod adjustment at the body end of the neck
- fingerboard: Rosewood
- Scale 25.5
- 22 frets
- pickup: one Magnet-F 450
- controls: master volume, master tone, coil tap and active ‘power boost’ switches
- truss rod adjustment at body end of neck
As shown in the 1982/3 catalogue.
Changes from version 1 –
- HF450 pickup
- Through body stringing with the same bridge and rear string retainer as used on the Thunder I and IA
- Unlike other active Westone guitars, the Paduak I only uses one battery
- Paduak skunk stripe on the back of the neck, truss rod adjustment at the headstock
New! April 2, 2013
This beautiful NOS example courtesy of Forum member b c n. Never played, and rescued after 30 years sleeping in the closet!
(Owner’s name blurred for privacy)
Click for full size
The Paduak II only appears in the 1982/3 catalogue. Neither model appears in any later catalogues or price lists.
- 2 HF450 pickups
- controls:- 3 way selector, master volume and 2 PEQ tone controls
- heavy duty brass bridge
- remaining specifications same as the Paduak I (Version II)