Pantera Pro X300
Matsumoku to Jan 1987, 1986-88
First appears in the January 1986 price list, and is on the 1987 and Jan 1988 price lists.
Available in 3 colours:
Candy red (X300CR), Pearl Pink (X300PP) and Pearl White (X300PW)
Although the X300 Pantera originally had only a volume control, the majority seen have a volume and tone control. It is possible that these are user modifications, but the design may have been modified at some point. The back plate and cavity have always been large enough to accommodate the extra pot, and some guitars like the one pictured at the bottom of this page, have original Switchmaster knobs on both pots.
- body: solid Maple (Arched top)
- neck: Canadian hard rock Maple
- Rosewood fingerboard
- 25.5 inch scale 22 frets
- pickups: Magnaflux III (Neck and mid), Magnaflux II UBC (Bridge)
- controls: 5-way pickup selector
- master volume (Push/pull for coil tap)
- Bendmaster FT trem system (Later models had the Bendmaster Deluxe trem)
Thanks to Dean Tucker for these pictures of his X300PP
Thanks to Pauline for these photos: